Gamevideo Contest 2012
Please read the rules carefully and don't hesitate to ask via mail email@example.com if any questions arise
We are looking forward to your entries and whish you great success.
The deadline expires on July 25th 2012 if you are using mail service or August 1st if you are sending in via Internet. For more information regarding these points please refer to the rules.
Please send a mail including the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete real name
- Nickname if applicable
- Country of origin
- Contests you wish to participate in
- Mode of shipping (postal service or internet)
- Date of birth
- Phone number
The information provided except for "public" info will be used for internal purposes only. Please notify us if you wish them not to be made public. If not stated differently the information will be used for planning and execution of the 2012 Connichi video contests only.
§1 Conditions for participating
a) Everybody may partake, if the video was produced by the contestant themselves without third parties employed or material of formerly published videos by other parties involved. Refer to section b) for exceptions from this rule.
b) If several people are involved in the production of a video, this fact has to be stated explicitly. We reserve the right to judge individual sections of this video separated from one another.
c) If someone different from the editor is playing a sequence, they have to be credited, either in the video itself or in an attached document.
d) We reserve the right to exclude the video from the contest, if the contestant is deemed to be in violation of sections a), b) or/and b).
e) Refer to §3 for further information.
f) Anyone involved in the organization of the contest and/or the convention or the process judging the videos admitted to it are not allowed to participate in the AMV-Contest.
g) It is not necessary to attend to the convention to enter the contest. Of course anyone not on site will not able to judge as part of the Creator’s Choice Award. Also consider that we will not ship non-cash prizes.
a) Any material from any game is permitted. We differentiate between sequences that run automatically such as cut scenes, intros or endings and scenes actually played by someone. It is necessary to completely document this selection either within the video
b) As to the choice of music, you are left to your own devices.
§3 Conditions of exclusion
a) We reserve our right to exclude from our regular programming any item featuring mature content being either erotic or violent in nature. Presentation of these items will be postponed until after 22:00 hours (16+) or 00:00 hours (18+) respectively, depending on the assessment arrived at by the jury.
b) We reserve our right to remove any video featuring pornographic content or extreme political views or containing scenes from games forbidden to be promoted in Germany from our contest altogether.
§4 Technical issues
a) The minimal duration of the video is 1:30 minutes (pure running time). It is not supposed to exceed 5:30 minutes in length including trailers, credits and the obligatory black screen at the beginning.
b) The video has to be sent in a digital format. Requirements are:
· The resolution should be between 512x384 and 1280x720. 640x480 or higher are recommended (depending on aspect ratio of course). The use of square pixels is highly recommended.
· The following containers are allowed: MPEG, AVI, MKV, MP4(recommended)
· You may compress your video using: (DivX), XVid, (MPEG 1), MPEG 2 or h.264(recommended)
· You may compress the audio-stream using: Windows PCM, MP3, AAC(recommended) or AC3 (optimal performance is not guaranteed if you use AC3)
· Thus, the following formats are interdicted: Windows Media, uncompressed videos, any Lossless Codecs, Ogg Vorbis, Real Media, Quicktime, Indeo, Flash, et. al.
· Do not send an ANALOGUE tape – please, for god's sake!
c) IMPORTANT: Please state explicitly, for which purpose a video is intended, by using the following nomenclature:
· e.g. [GMV_ID_0000]UT3-Skill-Mast0rz.avi
· Please do not use any special characters or spaces within your file's name.
§5 Number of entries and exclusive rights
a) Any video unreleased before or released after 2011 is allowed.
b) Each participant may enter up to two videos. Multiple entries of a single series count as one entry
§6 Going postal
a) Postal Service:
· You will receive the address to which you entry is supposed to be sent in a mail after you completed your registration.
· The CD/DVD containing your video has to be labeled with your real name in its entirety and your Participant's-ID.
· Write in a fashion that is decipherable.
· Please keep in mind that the postal service will take their time.
· Sending your contribution by mail is not recommended for participants from outside the EU.
· In case you want your CD/DVD back, please add a stamped envelope addressed to yourself.
· The contact information is being provided after registration. Please confer with them about how you want to send your files
· Contributing files using the internet can be done via instant messenger, FTP or HTTP (your own server or upload services such as Rapidshare).
· Links to Youtube or other Flash Video based sites are not accepted because their format is not supported by this rule set.
§7 The Deadline
a) Mail Service: The deadline expires on July 25th 2012. Anyway the package should arrive at our jury by August 3rd. Please consider the time it takes to deliver.
b) Participants sending their files via internet have time until August 1st 2012 at 23:59:59 hours MEST. This is the time when the upload must have started and it must be finalized 24 hours later. Confer with us on this in any case!
a) The jury is formed by members of the AFT
b) Assessments made will not be revoked.
c) The system by which the videos are judged by the AFT jury will not be published.
d) The jury reserves the right to categorize the videos in a not yet determined way.
e) Critical input, if constructive, is appreciated.
f) Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.