Cosplay Video Contest 2013
Being a convention dedicated from fans for fans, their works have accompanied us from the very beginning. Now for the third time we want to to provide a platform for creative minds.
What is it all about?
Take two of the most important aspects of Anime fan work: cosplaying and editing video – and mash it up with a lot added creativity!
Sailor Moon meets Naruto? No Problem
Hamtaro being the newest member of the strawhat pirates? Why not?
You will begin where cosplay performances and conventions usually end. Make the audience laugh or cry. Give you favorite series a new ending as you please or further develop the story, remix two different stories into one. The only limitation is your fantasy so we will not complain if you add elements not related such as Super Mario, Harry Potter or Captain Jack Sparrow
Please read the rules carefully and don’t hesitate to ask via mail email@example.com if any questions arise
We are looking forward to your entries and wish you great success.
The deadline expires on August 2nd 2013 if you are using mail service or August 7th if you are sending in via Internet. For more information regarding these points please refer to the rules.
Please send a mail including the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete real name
- Nickname if applicable
- Country of origin
- Contests you wish to participate in
- Mode of shipping (postal service or internet)
- Date of birth
- Phone number
The information provided except for "public" info will be used for internal purposes only. Please notify us if you wish them not to be made public. If not stated differently the information will be used for planning and execution of the 2012 Connichi video contests only.
§1 Conditions for participating
a) Everybody may partake, if the video was produced by the contestant(s) themselves. It's only necessary to have one contact person who registers at the Connichi website. Registration doesn't oblige you to send a video, but it should only be used if there is a serious intention to enter.
b) Everyone starring in or having worked on the video must be credited. If that's done in the video itself or a separate file is up to the creator(s).
c) Anyone involved in the organization of the contest and/or the convention or the process judging the videos admitted to it are not allowed to participate.
d) It is not necessary to attend to the convention to enter the contest. But consider that we will not ship possible prizes.
e) By participating the participant agrees to his work probably being shown partially or completely during the Connichi video program. However there is no claim for it being shown.
a) Any material (video and audio) is permitted that was created and produced involving the persons mentioned in §1.b)
b) External material (video and audio) must be credited stating their origin. If that's done in the video itself or a separate file is up to the creator(s). External material (video) is not allowed to exceed half of the net running time.
c) It's useful to create a version that is understandable for a German audience.
§3 Conditions of exclusion
a) We reserve our right to exclude from our regular programming any item featuring mature content being either erotic or violent in nature. Presentation of these items will be postponed until after 22:00 hours (16+) or 00:00 hours (18+) respectively, depending on the assessment arrived at by the jury.
b) We reserve our right to remove any video featuring pornographic, disrespectful or any other kind of inappropriate content from our contest altogether.
§4 Technical issues
a) The minimal duration of the video is 3 minutes net. Its maximum length is unlimited. If it exceeds 5 minutes an additional trailer for promotional needs is necessary.
· Please note: net means time in which action takes place, it excludes stuff such as intro, credits, commercials and whatnot.
b) The video has to be sent in a digital format. Requirements are:
· If edited in fullscreen the resolution should be between 512x384 and 768x576. If edited in widescreen it should be between 640x360 and 1280x720. The use of square pixels is highly recommended.
· The following containers are allowed: MPEG, AVI, MKV, MP4(recommended)
· You may compress your video using: (DivX), XVid, (MPEG 1), MPEG 2 or h.264(recommended)
· You may compress the audio-stream using: Windows PCM, MP3, AAC(recommended) or AC3 (optimal performance is not guaranteed if you use AC3)
· Thus, the following formats are interdicted: Windows Media, uncompressed videos, any Lossless Codecs, Ogg Vorbis, Real Media, Quicktime, Indeo, Flash, et. al.
· Do not send an ANALOGUE tape – please, for god's sake!
c) The video file and it potential attachments need to be named in a way so it's easy to identify them. e.g.:
· [CVC_ID_####]_The_Legend_of_Con-Helper_[h264_aac_720p].mp4 with #### replaced by the ID you get via mail after you registration.
· NOT avseq.mpg, video.avi, my_entry.mkv
§5 Number of entries and exclusive rights
a) Entries from an earlier Connichi contest are not allowed to enter again.
b) There is no limitation in the number of entries. Please note that multiple episodes of a single series count as one entry.
c) Preferably but not imperatively contest entries are released to the public after the convention took place.
§6 Going postal
a) Postal Service:
· You will receive the address to which you entry is supposed to be sent in a mail after you completed your registration.
· The CD/DVD containing your video has to be labeled with your real name in its entirety and your Participant's-ID.
· Write in a fashion that is decipherable.
· Please keep in mind that the postal service will take their time.
· Sending your contribution by mail is not recommended for participants from outside the European Union.
· In case you want your CD/DVD back, please add a stamped envelope addressed to yourself.
· The contact information is being provided after registration. Please confer with them about how you want to send your files
· Contributing files using the internet can be done via instant messenger, FTP or HTTP (your own server or upload services such as Rapidshare).
· Links to Youtube or other Flash Video based sites are not accepted because their format is not supported by this rule set.
§7 The Deadline
a) Mail Service: The deadline expires on August 2nd 2013. Anyway the package should arrive at our jury by August 7th. Please consider the time it takes to deliver.
b) Participants sending their files via internet have time until August 7th 2013 at 23:59:59 hours MEST. This is the time when the upload must have started and it must be finalized 24 hours later. Confer with us on this in any case!
a) The AFT will be responsible for judging the videos.
b) The evaluation is definitive and will not be revised.
c) The evaluation procedure will not be made public
d) The jury might classify the entries into categories that are not determined yet.
e) Critical input, if constructive, is appreciated.
f) Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.